After receiving breast augmentation to change the size and contour of the breasts, some women may decide to have them taken out for a variety of reasons. At Inspire Aesthetics in Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale, FL, our skilled plastic surgery team meets with patients who wish to get rid of their breast implants. We curate a personalized surgical plan to remove unwanted breast implants and restore your breast appearance.
Possible Reasons for Breast Implant Removal:
- Implant rupture or leakage
- Capsular contracture (hardening of the scar tissue around the implant)
- Change in desired breast size or shape
- Sagging or ptosis of the breasts
- Asymmetry or unevenness
- Desire for a more natural appearance
- Changes due to pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Desire to replace old implants with newer ones
- Decision to return to a natural breast appearance
- Concerns related to breast cancer detection
Your Breast Implant Removal Recovery Process
Each patient’s recovery period will vary depending on the reconstruction required after the implant removal. Our team will provide post-procedure directions and may suggest additional treatments to reduce scarring. For the first couple of weeks, patients may experience bruising and swelling and must restrict strenuous exercise until instructed otherwise. However, patients are invited to get up and slowly move around because it can help with blood flow. Optimal results can typically be observed 4 to 6 months after the procedure.
Schedule Your Consultation
Lots of circumstances can make you dissatisfied with your existing breast implants. Whether they are the wrong texture, shape, or size, Inspire Aesthetics can help you attain the look you want with breast implant removal. During your consultation, our board-certified plastic surgeons will speak with you regarding your options to restore the appearance and feel of your breasts. Please schedule a consultation at our offices in Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale, FL.